Subject: [bug#57070] [PATCH] bootloader: extlinux: support for optional FDTDIR

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:00:40 +0200

On 10-08-2022 16:37, Pavel Shlyak wrote:

> Maxime, how is your information about pantherx related to the patch? This patch in question makes guix bootloader config more flexible with the perspective of supporting additional hardware. It doesn’t rely on any component of pantherx, thus I am not sure it’s the right place to discuss that.

The patch appears to be by PantherX (see: the @panterx.org mail address, 
the use of "we" and the corporate phrasing). The mail asks for feedback, 
so I give feedback. It appears that PantherX will interact with Guix in 
the future; PantherX making false or misleading claims makes me less 
interested in reviewing patches, so this seems important feedback to give.

I could of course out-of-the-blue send a mail to whatever PantherX main 
e-mail address is, but I'm not a customer of PantherX, so that would 
seem to be a pointless endeavor to me -- if it's anything like other 
companies, it will just be moved into the trash.  I believe that 
directly responding to the apparent employee of PantherX (and at the 
same time writing some more technical comments) has higher chances of 
success.

Summarised: this seems a good place to make such comments and I'm not 
aware of any better places.

Greetings,
Maxime.