Subject: [bug#57069] Tempel snippets

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 18:52:27 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 09.08.2022 um 12:16 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Graves:
> 
> The first patch of this series introduces the equivalent of current
> yasnippet templates, with the alternative package tempel.
> 
> I eventually chose to make a new folder in snippets dir, and to move
> yasnippet files, hope it's OK.
> 
> It works quite well for me now, but can be improved:
> 
> - I selected completing-read for completion because I'm still
> learning
>   emacs and didn't tackle completion-at-point for now. Would that be
>   better?
Don't.  Use the (s ) field of tempel.  If you have corfu with capf, you
should be able to expand them.  For build-system you might want to add
"-build-system" at the end, so that the user only has to type "gnu",
"maven", etc.  Less fancy than the yas one, but probably just as good.

> - Nested snippets don't seem to work that well (e.g. expanding
>   git-fetch... within the edition of an origin... expansion), I had
>   quite a few bugs. Seems better to finish the current snippet before
>   tackling a sub-snippet (for now at least).
Probably a tempel limitation.  I think it works to M-RET and then
expand at point (using corfu or a tempel binding).  Just printing out
the unexpanded string should be enough for that.

Cheers