Subject: [bug#57055] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add guile-srfi-146.

From: pukkamustard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 13:47:51 +0000

"(" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon Aug 8, 2022 at 1:43 PM BST, pukkamustard wrote:
>> Adding guile-3.0 to both native-inputs and inputs seems to solve this
>> (also for guile-srfi-158).
> You should only need to add it in native-inputs.

If I only add guile-3.0 to native-inputs (and not to inputs), the build
fails like this:

```
configure: checking for guile 3.0
configure: checking for guile 2.2
configure: checking for guile 2.0
configure: error: 
No Guile development packages were found.

Please verify that you have Guile installed.  If you installed Guile
from a binary distribution, please verify that you have also installed
the development packages.  If you installed it yourself, you might need
to adjust your PKG_CONFIG_PATH; see the pkg-config man page for more.

error: in phase 'configure': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash" arguments: ("./configure" "CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc" "CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash" "SHELL=/gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/bash" "--prefix=/gnu/store/qhcnb9giiahhb2p7y7q05gs4ndhln4yk-guile-srfi-146-0.1.0" "--enable-fast-install" "--build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" "--host=arm-linux-gnueabihf") exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `configure' failed after 0.6 seconds
```

Quite possibly that something is wrong with the configure.ac. Same thing
also happens with guile-srfi-158.

-pukkamustard