Subject: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: Update Racket to 8.6. Add Zuo.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 02:06:14 -0400

Hi,

This patch series contains the Racket 8.6 release, including updating Racket's
variant of Chez Scheme and adding a package for Zuo, the new tiny Racket-like
language used for build scripts starting with this release.

(If you've been waiting for the release announcement, this cycle upstream is
delaying sending it until the new Racket has finished rebuilding all
of <https://docs.racket-lang.org>, which can take a few days---but the release
itself is live at <https://download.racket-lang.org> already, and I've been
told distribution packagers should update now.)

As I mentioned on the mailing list in [1], this release lets us use Racket CS
and Racket's variant of Chez Scheme on all systems, even those for which the
compiler can not yet generate native code, such as powerpc64le-linux and
riscv64-linux. (See the relevant patches for more details.) In particular,
this means that we can now provide some Chez Scheme package for every system
Guix supports. Additionally, I resolved the issues I mentioned in [1] with
i586-pc-gnu by getting getting native code generation for the Hurd working in
Racket's Chez, and I've cherry-picked those patches in this series.

  -Philip

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2022-08/msg00018.html

Philip McGrath (6):
  gnu: stex: Update to 1.2.2-2.afa6075.
  gnu: stex: Fix read-only gifs and math directories.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Fix use of "/bin/sh".
  gnu: Update Racket to 8.6. Add Zuo.
  gnu: racket: Use Racket CS on all systems.
  gnu: chez-scheme-for-racket: Suport all systems.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/chez.scm                         | 218 +++++--
 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch |  66 ++
 .../racket-backport-8.6-cross-install.patch   |  32 +
 .../racket-backport-8.6-docindex-write.patch  |  36 ++
 .../patches/racket-backport-8.6-hurd.patch    | 609 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../patches/racket-backport-8.6-zuo.patch     | 481 ++++++++++++++
 .../patches/racket-chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch   |  66 ++
 ...-rktio.patch => racket-rktio-bin-sh.patch} |  28 +-
 gnu/packages/patches/racket-zuo-bin-sh.patch  |  72 +++
 .../stex-copy-from-immutable-store.patch      |  41 ++
 gnu/packages/racket.scm                       | 231 ++++---
 12 files changed, 1760 insertions(+), 130 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.6-cross-install.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.6-docindex-write.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.6-hurd.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.6-zuo.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch
 rename gnu/packages/patches/{racket-minimal-sh-via-rktio.patch => racket-rktio-bin-sh.patch} (79%)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-zuo-bin-sh.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/stex-copy-from-immutable-store.patch

base-commit: f0ae9da3210cc6d87ca519545203daf9751f3465
-- 
2.32.0