Subject: Re: [bug#57050] [PATCH v2 04/13] gnu: Add Zuo.

From: "Philip McGrath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 01:47:23 -0400

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022, at 1:42 AM, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Dienstag, dem 23.08.2022 um 20:27 -0400 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>> 
>> > Even simpler would be to substitute* the /bin/sh to (search-input-
>> > file inputs "bin/sh") like
>> > done for other packages.
>> 
>> Unfortunately, that doesn't work well here. We cannot refer to store
>> paths in Racket or Chez source code (as opposed to C code) because
>> the grafter cannot handle the format of compiled code: see
>> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47180#6>. (I don't know about Zuo image
>> dumps, but the binary format is unspecified, so it seems safer not
>> to.)
> We are talking about some C source code, though, so I doubt this point
> is relevant, is it?

For rktio and Zuo, the string "/bin/sh" doesn't appear in the C source code, only in the Racket/Zuo libraries.

-Philip