Subject: [bug#57050] [PATCH v2 06/13] gnu: chez-scheme: Bootfiles should not be native inputs.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 06:21:46 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 11.08.2022 um 18:45 -0400 schrieb Philip McGrath:
> Hi,
> 
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2022, at 7:47 AM, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, dem 11.08.2022 um 07:08 -0400 schrieb Philip
> > McGrath:
> > > This makes a difference for cross-compilation.
> > The title should be something like "Make bootfiles regular inputs".
> 
> To me, it would not be clear what makes an input "regular". Or
> perhaps the unclear part is what makes an input *not* "regular".
"Regular" means "not native and not propagated", i.e. just "inputs".

> > If you want to claim that this makes a difference, please offer an
> > explanation.  You do not need to restrict yourself to a line here.
> > 
> 
> I'm not sure what's unclear here. If you are on x86_64 and trying to
> cross-compile for riscv64, you need to have generated riscv64 machine
> code, not x86_64.
This sentence itself is already ambiguous: ((need to) (have generated)
code) vs. ((need to) have (generated code)).

Cheers