Subject: [bug#57050] [PATCH v2 07/13] gnu: chez-scheme-for-racket: Support cross-compilation.

From: "Philip McGrath" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:49:42 -0400

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022, at 7:56 AM, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, dem 11.08.2022 um 07:08 -0400 schrieb Philip McGrath:
>> * gnu/packages/chez.scm (racket-cs-native-supported-system): Change
>> to
>> return the applicable machine type instead of '#t'.
>> (chez-scheme-for-racket)[native-inputs]: When cross-compiling, add
>> 'this-package'.
>> [arguments]<#:configure-flags>: When cross-compiling, supply '-m='
>> and
>> '--toolprefix='.
>> <#:phases>: Work around cross-compilation issues in 'build' and
>> 'install-docs'.
>> (chez-scheme-for-racket-bootstrap-bootfiles): When cross-compiling,
>> use 'zuo' and 'chez-scheme-for-racket' instead of 'racket-vm-bc'.
>> [arguments]<#:phases>: Adapt 'build' phase for cross-compilation.
> I think this patch can further be split into one for the bootstrap-
> bootfiles and one for chez-scheme.  I don't know where exactly racket-
> cs-native-supported-system fits into any of this and what the
> dependencies for it are.
>

Among other issues, if you cross-compile the bootfiles but can't compile anything that uses the cross-compiled bootfiles, there's no reasonable way to tell if the bootfiles you've built actually work.

-Philip