Subject: Spanish documentation uses exclusive language

From: Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:39:24 +0000

Hello,

As an Spanish speaker too I didn't notice it at first when reading
the documentation and feels weird that it's deliberately "usuaria"
instead of "usuario".

For example, in Argentina, only 8% of the population uses inclusive
language:

https://www.diariodecultura.com.ar/columna-izquierda/solo-el-8-de-la-poblacion-utiliza-el-lenguaje-inclusivo-con-frecuencia/

Couldn't find more statistics on the matter.

Not only using "usuaria" it's exclusive but it's also grammatically
incorrect, the proper way would be using "usuario" which includes
all genders and "usuario y usuaria", but it is too verbose IMHO.

For example:

- "Cuentas de usuario"
- "Cuentas de usuario y usuaria"

The latter one is used a lot by the Venezuelan government when
they try to be inclusive, but it's tiring to the reader and
doesn't provide additional context.

>Swapping masculine forms with their feminine counterpart and pretending they're neutral creates a problem on top of a problem.

Completely agree.

—
Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ