Subject: Re: bug#57046: Spanish documentation uses exclusive language

From: Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 08:19:29 +0000

>Please stop putting words in my mouth and arguing in bad faith.

My comment is pointing the fact that men (should not) have decision
over the language and shouldn't even consider it and that doing so
is bad to everyone.

>Decisions that affect a group should be made by the group or when that
>is not logistically possible then a *representative subset* of the
>group.

This is very different from what you said before.

>Roughly half of the population is female.  If you don't think they
>should be consulted about decisions that affect them, then you are
>taking an undemocratic stance.

I think they should and are welcome, said it before and say it
again.

>Women have to put up with sooo much more bullshit in their daily life
>than men, so when free software projects require them putting up with
>even more, they will not want to be part of the free software community,
>because it demonstrably does not take their concerns seriously.

That's right, but haven't seen how GNU Guix makes it difficult to
anyone to contribute. Everyone is welcomed, at least from my part
and as a newcomer too.

—
Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, August 13th, 2022 at 9:48 AM, Csepp <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ via Bug reports for GNU Guix [email-masked] writes:
> 
> > > Just a thought, but maybe it shouldn't be a group of men who decides
> > > what language is and is not inclusive and whether that's important.
> > > We've had some Outreachy interns, maybe some of them wouldn't mind being
> > > consulted on this.
> > 
> > Inclusion through exclusion, this is just sending the messages that men
> > bad anything else better. That just spreads hate for no particular reason.
> 
> 
> Please stop putting words in my mouth and arguing in bad faith.
> 
> Decisions that affect a group should be made by the group or when that
> is not logistically possible then a representative subset of the
> group.
> 
> Roughly half of the population is female. If you don't think they
> should be consulted about decisions that affect them, then you are
> taking an undemocratic stance.
> 
> Women have to put up with sooo much more bullshit in their daily life
> than men, so when free software projects require them putting up with
> even more, they will not want to be part of the free software community,
> because it demonstrably does not take their concerns seriously.
> 
> I'd like to believe that we can do better and make our communities more
> welcoming to the people who need tools that liberate them the most.