Subject: bug#57046: Spanish documentation uses exclusive language

From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 09:48:02 +0200

Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:

>>Just a thought, but maybe it shouldn't be a group of men who decides
>>what language is and is not inclusive and whether that's important.
>>We've had some Outreachy interns, maybe some of them wouldn't mind being
>>consulted on this.
>
> Inclusion through exclusion, this is just sending the messages that men
> bad anything else better. That just spreads hate for no particular reason.

Please stop putting words in my mouth and arguing in bad faith.

Decisions that affect a group should be made by the group or when that
is not logistically possible then a *representative subset* of the
group.

Roughly half of the population is female.  If you don't think they
should be consulted about decisions that affect them, then you are
taking an undemocratic stance.

Women have to put up with sooo much more bullshit in their daily life
than men, so when free software projects require them putting up with
even more, they will not want to be part of the free software community,
because it demonstrably does not take their concerns seriously.

I'd like to believe that we can do better and make our communities more
welcoming to the people who need tools that liberate them the most.