Subject: bug#57046: Spanish documentation uses exclusive language

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 17:45:53 +0200

Hi Ludo.

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>   • Using gender-neutral words—e.g., “personas” or “quién” rather than
>     “usuarios”.
>
>   • Talking to the user: “puedes hacer …” rather than “usuarios pueden
>     hacer …”.

Agree, but when these don’t work,

>   • Using the -e suffix, which has the advantage of being concise and
>     readable, but potentially off-putting (at least today).
>
>   • Using repetitions, “usuarias y usuarios”.

It depends, but I think inclusiveness in technical manual sections is
not important enough to justify such trade-offs (for the German
translation that is).  Hrmm.  Of course I would comply if need be, but I
do disagree.  (I have very little experience with Spanish though.)

Regards,
Florian