Subject: [bug#57043] [PATCH] gnu: rust-freetype-sys-0.13: Unbundle freetype2.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 23:59:26 +0200

On 07-08-2022 20:39, Jean Pierre De Jesus DIAZ via Guix-patches via wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This patch removes the bundled freetype2 library on `rust-freetype-sys-0.13'.
>
> Also removes unneeded build dependencies (`pkg-config' and `cmake').

I've noticed this in antioxidant (and fixed it there locally) but didn't 
report it yet.

Anyway, this can be done more simple -- all that I needed to do was 
deleting the freetype2 subdirectory (in a snippet) and adding 'freetype' 
to inputs.  Patching the build script or build.rs was not necessary.

Additionally, I noticed that in the modified build.rs, only 
rustc-link-lib (-l) is set, but not rustc-link-search (-L). Antioxidant 
needs the latter to be set, otherwise dependents will fail to link 
because of not finding the freetype library.

Greetings,
Maxime.