Subject: bug#57042: 28.1.91; c-mode autoindents cweb style lines

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 03:50:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 7 Aug 2022, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>
> c-mode doesn't support the cweb language, and won't do that, either.
>
> It might make sense to add a package for doing that to ELPA, but I
> haven't seen anybody request that either, so it seems like there's not
> really much demand for it.
>

But I did when I discovered cweb is out there and working.  I posted a
bug report with  a link to the  cweb mode el file.   I guess ownership
and licensing bureaucratic complication make  it less available and to
keep  current.   Finding that  file  wasn't  easy.  Anyway,  cweb  has
intrinsic value  in as much  Emacs has.  Prog mode doesn't  indent the
second brace right at all which was why I tried the c mode next.

'C-c C-o' can tell c mode to override the autoindent to offset 0.

-- 
vl