Subject: Re: bug#57041: [PATCH] Add a word about warnings to CONTRIBUTE

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 17:59:03 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 09:42:16 -0500
> 
> Severity: wishlist
> 
> Any comments?

You mean, this existing text

  ** Testing your changes

  Please test your changes before committing them or sending them to the
  list.  If possible, add a new test along with any bug fix or new
  functionality you commit (of course, some changes cannot be easily
  tested).

doesn't already tell the same?  If so, I'm okay with making the first
sentence say

  Please test your changes before committing them or sending them to the
  list, by running the Emacs test suite and making sure there are no
  regressions.

But I see no particular reasons to describe exceptions.