Subject: 29.0.50; python-nav-beginning-of-block doesn't work for blank/comment line right after block start

From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 23:00:26 +0900

Hi,

The following steps do not place the point at the beginning of the line
"if True:".

1. emacs -Q
2. Load the following Python file using M-x find-file

#+begin_src python
if True:

    pass
#+end_src

3. M-x forward-line
4. M-x python-nav-beginning-of-block

The same thing happens with a comment line right after block start.

Attached is a patch to fix this issue.

Best Regards,

--

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2022-08-07 built on ubuntu
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --without-x --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
ACL LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dnd dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils python
json subr-x map comint regexp-opt ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color
term/screen term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52781 7681)
 (symbols 48 6567 0)
 (strings 32 18135 1705)
 (string-bytes 1 538658)
 (vectors 16 10194)
 (vector-slots 8 121776 8588)
 (floats 8 28 375)
 (intervals 56 185 0)
 (buffers 992 11))