Subject: bug#57020: closed (Re: bug#57020: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel stops working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 05:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#57020: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel stops working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
57020: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=57020
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#57020: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel stops working
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 13:11:09 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Indeed, thank you very much!
>
> I quickly tested the recipe with the joystick, and it works as expected
> now.  No new problems as well (but I tested only one minute so far).
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Michael.

Any time, thanks for testing.  I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel stops working
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 00:53:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I have been seeing this for a while now (maybe two weeks or a bit more,
not sure when it started exactly):

After starting Emacs everything is good.  But after a while, the mouse
wheel stops working.  That is, mouse-4 and mouse-5, with and without
modifiers, are not recognized.  In all buffers and windows, scroll-bar,
mode line, everywhere.  C-h k shows nothing because no event is
registered.

When that happens the mouse wheel still works normally in other X
windows or the window manager or in a newly started Emacs session.

This is under X and Openbox.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-08-06 built on drachen
Repository revision: fe801e359f71f12843c8d0ce545473815840dc89
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB