Subject: bug#57020: 29.0.50; Mouse wheel stops working

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 00:53:12 +0200

Hello,

I have been seeing this for a while now (maybe two weeks or a bit more,
not sure when it started exactly):

After starting Emacs everything is good.  But after a while, the mouse
wheel stops working.  That is, mouse-4 and mouse-5, with and without
modifiers, are not recognized.  In all buffers and windows, scroll-bar,
mode line, everywhere.  C-h k shows nothing because no event is
registered.

When that happens the mouse wheel still works normally in other X
windows or the window manager or in a newly started Emacs session.

This is under X and Openbox.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-08-06 built on drachen
Repository revision: fe801e359f71f12843c8d0ce545473815840dc89
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB