Subject: bug#57006: 29.0.50; make[1]: *** [Makefile:639: emacs.pdmp] Segmentation fault

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 18:09:15 +0300

from:
  commit eb7fe81e6db8d630521098a728713e10c9d59c74 (HEAD -> master)

$ ./configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid
§ make

I get this:

Loading textmodes/fill...
Loading newcomment...
Loading replace...
Loading emacs-lisp/tabulated-list...
make[1]: *** [Makefile:639: emacs.pdmp] Segmentation fault
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/src'
make: *** [Makefile:462: src] Error 2
~/Programming/Software/emacs

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-07-23 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: e00f882905db2ac6ffd1ae58b04fa335b38f489c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/net/quickurl hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/quickurl
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/net/netrc hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/netrc
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/url/url-about hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/url-about
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/ps-def hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/ps-def
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/autoload
/home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/url/url-dired hides /home/data1/protected/Programming/Software/emacs/lisp/obsolete/url-dired

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs make-mode smerge-mode diff whitespace add-log cl-extra help-mode
vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view easy-mmode pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher time-date mule-util info
format-spec face-remap wombat-theme cus-theme cus-edit pp cus-start
cus-load wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib pcmpl-unix files-x shell subr-x
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 164024 14461)
 (symbols 48 12086 3)
 (strings 32 43295 1717)
 (string-bytes 1 1343235)
 (vectors 16 20700)
 (vector-slots 8 261675 11242)
 (floats 8 85 322)
 (intervals 56 10581 0)
 (buffers 992 29))

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/