Subject: bug#56998: 29.0.50; quail input methods broken (input-method-alist empty) on master (since 261d6afd6)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 16:46:29 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 15:14:38 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Is the file lisp/leim/leim-list.el being produced and exists when
> > Emacs is dumped?
> 
> Yup.  So I guess the problem is that the first build isn't loading that
> file, for some reason?

Maybe.  But how can it not load that file, when loadup.el explicitly
says to load it?

What is the contents of that file in a build where input-method-alist
is empty?

And could it be that the file is generated only after Emacs was
already built/dumped?