Subject: [bug#56989] [PATCH v3] gnu: Add dbqn.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 10:58:51 +0200

On 08-08-2022 15:54, Christopher Rodriguez wrote:
>>> +         (commit "fd17b144483549dbd2bcf23e3a37a09219171a99")
>>> +         (hash "1rr4l7ijzcg25n2igi1mzya6qllh5wsrf3m5i429rlgwv1fwvfji")
>>> +         (version (git-version tag revision commit)))
>> I'm not seeing a '0' tag anywhere in the repository -- I dont see any tags at
>> all tere.
> There are none; I thought the absence of any tage necessitates a '0' for
> the version number, and wanted to keep the definitions
> standardized. Should I inline the 0 instead in the git-version?
>
Yes, if upstream doesn't do versioning we use "0" or sometimes "0.0", in 
combination with git-version (or hg-version, ...). However, "0" is not a 
tag, so the variable 'tag' needs to be renamed or inlined.  As it is 
only used in a signle place, I would recommend inlining it. Likewise for 
'version'.

Additionally, 'hash' needs to be inlined -- not only because it is used 
in a single place, but also because there is some compile-time error 
checking for hashes that only can work when it is inlined.

Also, I've seen a v2 for the first patch, but what happened to 2/5, 3/5, 
4/5 and 5/5?

Greetings,
Maxime.