Subject: [bug#56987] [PATCH] etc: guix-debbugs.el: new file.

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:06:23 +0200

Joshua Branson <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Joshua,

> May I ask why debbugs-gnu-search chooses not to use
> debbugs-gnu-default-packages?  I don't understand.

debbugs-gnu-search is not designed to be used with packages. It is
possible to do so, but by default it just looks for a search string, w/o
any further restriction.

> What functions do use debbugs-gnu-default-packages?

debbugs-gnu, and the commands which use it internally, like
debbugs-gnu-patches, debbugs-gnu-package.

>> In debbugs-gnu-make-control-message, a bug is already removed from the
>> cache when the control message is sent. This is good enough I believe.
>
> Now that is helpful!  so debbugs-gnu-make-control-message assumes that
> you are closing the bug.

No, it doesn't. A bug can be changed in many ways, not only being closed.
debbugs-gnu-make-control-message assumes only that you change something
with the bug.

Best regards, Michael.