Subject: [bug#56987] [PATCH] etc: guix-debbugs.el: new file.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 22:24:35 +0200

On 10-08-2022 22:10, jbranso--- via Guix-patches via wrote:
> I am willing to submit copyright assignment to GNU/FSF.  It looks like the FSF
> has a webpage that may make this process easier:
>
> https://sfconservancy.org/assignment/

GNU and FSF are separate (but related!) entities, they aren't synonyms. 
For example, I do some things in GNU (in mu case: GNUnet, Guix and Guix) 
but I'm not involved with FSF at all, except for asking a question once 
or twice of FSF people.

Also, the Software Freedom Conservancy is a different organisation than 
the FSF. You will need a different assignment form, contact the 
emacs-debbugs people for details.

I haven't been following 56987 100%, but a remark:

Guix does not require copyright assignment. Copyright assignment is only 
required if you sent changes to Emacs or emacs-debbugs upstream instead 
of a local Guix patch or file. That would something to discuss with 
Emacs or emacs-debbugs people though, not Guix.

Greetings,
Maxime.