Subject: bug#56977: 29.0.50; gnus-parameter-to-list is ignored for digest groups

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 10:53:27 -0400

I set

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnus-parameter-to-list-alist
==> (("gmane.comp.security.risks" "[email-masked]"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnus-newsgroup-name
==> "nndoc:gmane.comp.security.risks-1049"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(because it is a digest group) but still

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(gnus-parameter-to-list gnus-newsgroup-name)
==> "[email-masked]"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However, when I do `f' (`gnus-summary-followup') in the

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnus-summary-buffer
==> #<buffer *Summary nndoc:gmane.comp.security.risks-1049*>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

the header of the `gnus-message-buffer' (`*unsent ...') contains

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.security.risks
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

instead of

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
CC: [email-masked]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thank you!

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin21.5.0, NS appkit-2113.50 Version 12.4 (Build 21F79))
 of 2022-08-01 built on 3c22fb11fdab.ant.amazon.com
Repository revision: 3bd9b6132f1122ea938ef65e62b2cd919e2dfe8a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.4

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH='

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pulse kmacro url-http url-auth url-gw rot13
bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 flow-fill mm-archive nndoc tramp-cmds
skeleton cal-move cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam dabbrev gnus-fun sort
smiley gnus-cite textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp mail-extr gnus-ml
hl-line disp-table spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg utf-7 gnus-cache
bbdb-gnus network-stream nsm nntp smtpmail supercite regi rmailsum rmail
mh-e mh-compat mh-buffers mh-loaddefs tempo compat-macs js ein-process
ein-jupyter ein-dev ein-notebook ein-python-send ein-traceback
ein-pytools ein-pager ein-completer ein-notification ein-scratchsheet
ein-worksheet poly-ein display-line-numbers quail ein-kill-ring ein-cell
ein-kernelinfo ein-notebooklist ein-contents-api ein-file
ein-shared-output ein-output-area ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-query
ein-events ein-websocket websocket ein-node ein-log ein-classes ein-core
request ein-utils anaphora deferred ein let-alist async f f-shortdoc
dash visual-fill-column ham-mode markdown-mode html-to-markdown polymode
polymode-base polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat
polymode-methods ert debug backtrace trace poly-lock polymode-core
polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base color autorevert ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vlf vlf-base vlf-tune bindat compat cl-print misearch
multi-isearch shortdoc package-x package add-log vc-hg vc-bzr
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat shell ls-lisp remember texinfo texinfo-loaddefs cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs conf-mode make-mode view emacs-news-mode org-element avl-tree
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ol-docview doc-view filenotify
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601 ol rx org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-x
bbdb-anniv cal-iso cal-hebrew lunar cal-julian solar cal-dst appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bug-reference
flyspell ispell sh-script smie executable vc-dir ewoc vc company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-template
company-cmake company-bbdb yasnippet-snippets cl-extra yasnippet
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt company-capf company pcase help-fns
radix-tree help-mode elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell
elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor ido hideshow files-x etags
fileloop generator xref project cus-edit pp cus-start python vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
midnight warnings icons gnus nnheader gnus-util time-date mail-utils
range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb
bbdb-site timezone edit-server advice server winner which-func imenu
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
url-vars help-at-pt grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-color
ring desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-load info bbdb-autoloads
ein-autoloads elpy-autoloads company-autoloads async-autoloads
f-autoloads dash-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads request-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1129282 133766)
 (symbols 48 50130 25)
 (strings 32 305493 23417)
 (string-bytes 1 9319889)
 (vectors 16 127442)
 (vector-slots 8 2645064 262356)
 (floats 8 1247 928)
 (intervals 56 24396 5155)
 (buffers 992 103))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://www.dhimmitude.org https://iris.org.il https://memri.org
Your mouse pad is incompatible with MS Windows - your HD will be reformatted.