Subject: Re: bug#56976: 29.0.50; Obsolete netrc.el

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 17:00:10 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Lars,

>> Perhaps it'd be more convenient if there was a new function like
>> `auth-source-netrc-parse-all-entries' that tramp.el could check for the
>> presence of?
>
> I've now done this, and partially reverted previous change, because the
> change in behaviour might break things.
>
> So I'll go ahead and change the Tramp code to use
> `auth-source-netrc-parse-all', and leave the further adjustments to you?

In general yes, but why the new alias? What's wrong with my proposal
checking obsolescence of netrc-parse?

I try to keep it as simple as possible, and introducing a new alias for
exactly one use case, which has a planned suicide date (compatibility of
Tramp), seems too much for me.

Best regards, Michael.