Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 4/7] gnu: font-chiron-sung-hk: Use English for synopsis.

From: Hilton Chain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:07:47 +0800

Hi Liliana,

Great thanks for your reviewing! :)

> Is it really region-agnostic if it adopts a style prevailing in "the
> Traditional Chinese regions", whichever those are? 🤔️
Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and other places use Traditional Chinese in
daily life.

> Apart from that, does ", usually commercial" add useful information?
It's designed for usages like displaying on screens and publishing, so
this could be explained as "like those fonts you can see on street".

> If you do want to add another paragraph (not that one is needed), I'd
> suggest writing something along the lines of "The font aims at
> providing a modern glyph set, adopting a style similar to those
> prevalent in Hong Kong." (HK pretty surely means Hong Kong, but it's
> better to spell it out 🙂️)
This font is based on the Hong Kong variant of Source Han Serif, with
some modifications to make it region-agnostic. It might inherits the
"HK" but not actually Hong Kong-specific.

Regards,
Chain