Subject: Re: bug#56952: 29.0.50; Emoji skin-tone modifiers disrupt terminal output

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 08:28:09 +0300

> From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 12:42:32 -0700
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On a TTY Emacs expects the terminal emulator to DTRT with composable
> > sequences.  Some emulators don't, so you need to turn off
> > auto-composition-mode for those.  (The value of auto-composition-mode
> > can be a string naming the terminal where to disable it
> > automatically.)
> 
> Ah, gotcha. That indeed does the trick. Thanks. Closing.

Can you tell which value of auto-composition-mode did the trick?  Or
what is the value of tty-type on that terminal?  And which file in
lisp/term/ does Alacritty load when you start the -nw session?  I'm
asking because perhaps we should disable auto-composition-mode by
default on this terminal, like we do for the Linux console.

Thanks.