Subject: bug#56902: closed (Re: bug#56902: 29.0.50; Another build failure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 08:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56902: 29.0.50; Another build failure

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56902: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56902
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56902: 29.0.50; Another build failure
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 04:51:50 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gerd Möllmann [2022-08-03 08:54:26] wrote:
> Since I didn't see code supporting class finalization and
> forward-referenced classes anywhere, I'm answering my own question, and
> I have pushed a fix.

Thanks Gerd.  But that just undoes what I did before, so it gives us
back:

    [...]
      ELC      cedet/semantic/complete.elc
    Compiler-macro error for cl-typep: Handler: cl-typep--inliner
    (error "Unknown type semantic-displayer-focus-abstract")
    [...]

I just pushed a different take on the problem, which I hope fixes the
problem for good this time.

        Stefan

Subject: 29.0.50; Another build failure
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 09:41:45 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am at cfb295f1e55e4d04beaad5d57ede494c436cf277 (master HEAD)
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  ELC      cedet/srecode/ctxt.elc

In toplevel form:
cedet/semantic/symref/list.el:35:2: Error: Given parent class semantic-displayer-abstract is not a class
make[3]: *** [Makefile:336: cedet/semantic/symref/list.elc] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  INFO     Extracting OKURI-NASI entries... 
  INFO     Extracting OKURI-NASI entries...35% 
  INFO     Extracting OKURI-NASI entries...71% 
  INFO     Extracting OKURI-NASI entries...done
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs/lisp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:366: compile-main] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs/lisp'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:456: lisp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pankaj/work/gnu/emacs'
make: *** [GNUmakefile:95: install] Error 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-08-02 built on anant
Repository revision: 0c910f689b0100ec658ba7a70da23376e8eeee81
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug gnus-fun gnus-html help-fns radix-tree url-cache sort
smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp
gnus-ml disp-table utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnml epa-file
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
nntp gnus-cache .gnus mule-util diary-lib diary-loaddefs dired-aux
tramp-cache prettier nvm f f-shortdoc shortdoc dash s iter2 js
display-line-numbers flyspell ispell cider-mode cider-find
cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval cider-repl
cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test cider-stacktrace cider-doc
cider-browse-spec cider-clojuredocs cider-overlays cider-jar arc-mode
archive-mode cider-client cider-common cider-connection cider-util
cider-popup sesman-browser nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration cus-edit cus-start files-x tramp-compat shell ls-lisp
queue nrepl-dict spinner parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex
parseclj-alist sesman clojure-mode align checkdoc lisp-mnt smerge-mode
diff markdown-mode color ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi sql view corfu vc-hg
vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view
pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch init my-init kunji hdfc org-element avl-tree
generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-python
python ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec server winner
windmove modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes delight eglot array filenotify
jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace xref flymake-proc flymake warnings
icons project imenu editorconfig rust-utils thingatpt rust-mode
rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile compile comint ansi-color ring
rust-cargo which-key exec-path-from-shell ebdb-complete ebdb-message
ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ebdb-mua ebdb-com
crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base pcase cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
timezone hl-line savehist desktop frameset cus-load finder-inf tex-site
cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads compat-autoloads corfu-autoloads
denote-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads eglot-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads go-mode-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads rx
marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads org-mime-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
prettier-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads request-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads use-package-ensure-system-package-autoloads
system-packages-autoloads info vertico-autoloads which-key-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1111775 68307)
 (symbols 48 48301 25)
 (strings 32 219096 9281)
 (string-bytes 1 6554044)
 (vectors 16 108975)
 (vector-slots 8 1451286 96259)
 (floats 8 656 214)
 (intervals 56 4343 554)
 (buffers 992 79))