Subject: Don't set outline-level to texinfo-outline-level

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 17:18:48 +0000

Apparently, the function `texinfo-outline-level' was added to texinfo.el
in 1996 (ChangeLog.6) and removed in 2003 (ChangeLog.10).  In release
9.4f (1996) `outline-level' was set to this then newly added function,
which has been void for 19 years now.

I just noticed it now, because consult[0] checks if `outline-level' is
bound, in which case it is funcall'ed.  In .texi buffer with auctex
loaded, this triggers an error.  For that reason I'd appreciate it if
this patch could be applied:

>From 213748eeaea7c798f54ad627e8c2b4743d293041 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 19:12:17 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] * tex-info.el (TeX-texinfo-mode): Don't use texinfo-outline-level

---
 tex-info.el | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/tex-info.el b/tex-info.el
index 66e57517..2ee3d7ac 100644
--- a/tex-info.el
+++ b/tex-info.el
@@ -680,7 +680,6 @@ value of `Texinfo-mode-hook'."
        (concat "@\\("
                (mapconcat #'car texinfo-section-list "\\>\\|")
                "\\>\\)"))
-  (set (make-local-variable 'outline-level) 'texinfo-outline-level)
 
   ;; Mostly AUCTeX stuff
   (set (make-local-variable 'TeX-command-current) #'TeX-command-master)
-- 
2.37.1

[0] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/consult.html