Subject: Re: bug#56880: [PATCH] gnu: system: file-systems: Add shared flag.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 07:19:38 +0300

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> I looked again on this procedure before merge.  With applied patch it
>> will return a wrong bitmask according to the manual page:
>>
>> mount(2)
>>
>>     The  only other flags that can be specified while changing the propaga‐
>>     tion type are MS_REC (described below)  and  MS_SILENT  (which  is  ig‐
>>     nored).
>>
>> Also I tried to invoke 'mount' from C code, if MS_SHARED specified and
>> mountpoint does not exist (not mounted without MS_SHARED before), then
>> nothing will happen.
>
> Hmm not sure I follow.

[…]

>> 2. Modify option-string->mount-flags in such way, that it will return
>> multiple bitmasks or in some other way.

[…]

> I’m not sure what option #2 means concretely?

We need to call mount(2) two times, which is not handled by
option-string->mount-flags which returns only one mount(2) bitmask.

I pushed #1 as 4b494878380920c8c7eecccd1f299164dd4a2c3f to master.

Oleg.