Subject: Re: bug#56880: [PATCH] gnu: system: file-systems: Add shared flag.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 16:20:16 +0300

Hi Ludovic,

Thank you for the review.

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

>> (option-string->mount-flags): Handle shared flag.

I looked again on this procedure before merge.  With applied patch it
will return a wrong bitmask according to the manual page:

mount(2)

    The  only other flags that can be specified while changing the propaga‐
    tion type are MS_REC (described below)  and  MS_SILENT  (which  is  ig‐
    nored).

Also I tried to invoke 'mount' from C code, if MS_SHARED specified and
mountpoint does not exist (not mounted without MS_SHARED before), then
nothing will happen.
 
The procedure is out of the scope adding a shared flag support to
file-system record.  I see two variants:

1. Remove the modification from option-string->mount-flags and merge,
someone will add when required.

2. Modify option-string->mount-flags in such way, that it will return
multiple bitmasks or in some other way.

Oleg.