Subject: bug#56871: 28.1; Build emacs 29.0.50 fails

From: Niels Søndergaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 10:16:06 +0200

Trying to rebuild emacs 29.0.50 from source on GitHub mirror works well until start of emscd, which fails with 

Loading loadup.el (source)...
Dump mode: nil
Using load-path (/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/language /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/international /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/vc)
Loading emacs-lisp/debug-early...
Symbol's function definition is void: file-name-sans-extension

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.1.0, NS appkit-2113.00 Version 12.0.1 (Build 21A559))
of 2022-05-11 built on armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.5

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER THREADS
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: da_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: da_DK.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  dimmer-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  ctrlf-mode: t
  ctrlf-local-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  el-patch-use-package-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  straight-live-modifications-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/treemacs-icons-dired/treemacs-icons-dired hides ~/.emacs.d/lisp/treemacs-icons-dired
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/map/map hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/map

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail gcmh gcmh-autoloads consult
emojify apropos tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode ht linum whitespace
highlight-parentheses org-fancy-priorities toc-org rainbow-delimiters
image-file image-converter vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc project flycheck org-crypt cal-iso transient org-modern
org-bars org-indent org-bars-autoloads org-pomodoro-autoloads
alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads org-tree-slide-autoloads
org-preview-html xwidget bookmark org-preview-html-autoloads
org-mime-autoloads toc-org-autoloads org-rich-yank-autoloads
org-fancy-priorities-autoloads ox-gfm ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-beamer
ox-latex ox-ascii ox-publish ox ox-gfm-autoloads pretty-hydra
pretty-symbols pretty-symbols-autoloads org-pretty-tags-autoloads
2048-game-autoloads speed-type-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads which-key which-key-autoloads
origami-autoloads move-text-autoloads doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
doom-modeline-autoloads ghub-autoloads treepy-autoloads info+-autoloads
time dashboard dashboard-widgets recentf tree-widget dashboard-autoloads
page-break-lines page-break-lines-autoloads dimmer face-remap
dimmer-autoloads beacon beacon-autoloads delight delight-autoloads
diminish diminish-autoloads citar-autoloads citeproc-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads queue-autoloads parsebib-autoloads
corfu-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
consult-autoloads orderless orderless-autoloads marginalia
marginalia-autoloads color-theme-approximate-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
bibliothek-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads hl-block-mode-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads highlight-parentheses-autoloads smex
smex-autoloads diredc autorevert filenotify view term shell ehelp
all-the-icons-dired all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons
data-alltheicons all-the-icons-dired-autoloads dired-filter f
dired-hacks-utils dired-x dired-filter-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads setup-treemacs
treemacs-all-the-icons-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
treemacs-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads treemacs-icons-dired-autoloads
treemacs-projectile-autoloads projectile-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
lorem-ipsum-autoloads hl-line display-line-numbers paradox paradox-menu
paradox-commit-list cus-edit pp paradox-execute paradox-github
paradox-core spinner paradox-autoloads spinner-autoloads
let-alist-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads ssh-autoloads disk-usage-autoloads crux-autoloads
fira-code-mode fira-code-mode-autoloads emacs-emojify-autoloads
elisp-autofmt-autoloads general midnight aggressive-indent-autoloads
insert-char-preview-autoloads docker-autoloads tablist-autoloads
json-mode-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads docker-tramp-autoloads
file-template ctrlf-autoloads modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes modus-themes-autoloads shanty-theme-autoloads disp-table
svg-icon svg-mode-line-themes-autoloads xmlgen-autoloads
svg-clock-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads use-package-hydra-autoloads
major-mode-hydra-autoloads pretty-hydra-autoloads hydra lv
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads counsel-autoloads swiper-autoloads
ivy-autoloads core-lib general-autoloads xt-mouse cus-load ido avy
avy-autoloads dash-at-point-autoloads edmacro kmacro so-long
bookmark+-autoloads smartparens-config smartparens-org smartparens-text
smartparens smartparens-autoloads autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt windmove
setup no-littering-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads finder-inf
benchmark org-ql pcase peg ts s org-habit org-agenda org-id org-refile
org-clock color warnings compile savehist async-bytecomp dired-async
async dired-aux emacs-async-autoloads vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
bug-reference org-eldoc org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex iso8601
time-date ol rx org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs use-package-tags
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key
bind-key easy-mmode dash package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars key-chord-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads emacsql-sqlite-autoloads emacsql-autoloads
org-ql-autoloads transient-autoloads org-super-agenda-autoloads
map-autoloads peg-autoloads ts-autoloads ht-autoloads a-autoloads
ov-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads git-autoloads f-autoloads
dash-autoloads s-autoloads server early-init use-package-delight
use-package-core el-patch-autoloads el-patch el-patch-stub
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads cl-seq info
cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 761992 92208)
(symbols 48 47598 7)
(strings 32 217677 9522)
(string-bytes 1 16075522)
(vectors 16 115079)
(vector-slots 8 3893633 120955)
(floats 8 1522 912)
(intervals 56 14979 887)
(buffers 992 26))

Niels Søndergaard
Mariehøj 236, 2900 Nivå, Danmark
 
+45 4052 2789 <tel:+45 4052 2789>
http://algon.dk <http://algon.dk/>	
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
 <https://www.facebook.com/solengen>	
En regering der røver Peter for at betale Paul, kan altid regne med Pauls støtte