Subject: Re: bug#56869: 29.0.50; segfault, "assertion 'GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)' failed"

From: Joe Corneli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 10:56:46 +0100

Po Lu writes:

> I'm sorry, but those trace messages don't really help.  Please install
> the debugging symbols for GDK (usually available in a separate
> "debuginfo" package repository on GNU/Linux systems), so we can find out
> exactly what event is causing the crash.

Got it now, I didn’t immediately understand.  I followed the
instructions to install debugging symbols for Ubuntu, here,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Debug%20Symbol%20Packages
found via
https://drgn.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_debugging_symbols.html

and then installed these:

sudo apt-get install pcb-rnd-hid-gtk2-gdk-dbgsym
sudo apt-get install libgtkgl2.0-1-dbgsym

I hope that’s the correct protocol; haven’t re-encountered the crash
yet.  More soon, if I do!

-- 
Dr Joseph A. Corneli (https://github.com/holtzermann17)

HYPERREAL ENTERPRISES LTD is a private company limited by shares, incorporated
25th, June 2019 as Company Number 634284 on the Register of Companies for
Scotland (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC634284).