Subject: bug#56864: qutebrowser

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 09:08:55 -0400

Hello Jack,

Jack Hill <[email-masked]> writes:

> X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]
>
> With Guix 3a656ea836f87f30f1b34852cb4efc911363d2b4, qutebrowser's
> wrap-qt-process-path phase fails. Maybe related to the recent Qt work
> in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/56771>? Build log attatched.

Uh, this was unexpected.  I believe it's because label-less inputs are
auto-generated via the package *name* rather than their variable name...
Since qtwebengine-5 (the variable) still has the name "qtwebengine", the
following code:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(qt-process-path (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "qtwebengine-5")
                                      "/lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Doesn't actually find "qtwebengine-5" and it fails attempting to append
#f to "/lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess.  The solution that comes to
mind would be using:

(file-input-search inputs "lib/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess").

Thanks,

Maxim