Subject: bug#56856: closed (Re: bug#56856: 28.1; inconsistent error message)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 15:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56856: 28.1; inconsistent error message

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56856: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56856
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56856: 28.1; inconsistent error message
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 18:05:55 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:19:34 +0900
> 
> Here is a quote from info node `(elisp) Variables with Restricted
> Values':
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>      (setq undo-limit 1000.0)
>      error→ Wrong type argument: integerp, 1000.0
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> However `(setq undo-limit 1000.0)' actually results in
>     wrong-type-argument numberp 1000.0
> , not "integerp" error.
> 
> I think that it should be "integerp", as described in elisp reference.

Thanks, fixed for Emacs 28.2.

Subject: 28.1; inconsistent error message
From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 23:19:34 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Here is a quote from info node `(elisp) Variables with Restricted
Values':
----------------------------------------------------------------------
     (setq undo-limit 1000.0)
     error→ Wrong type argument: integerp, 1000.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
However `(setq undo-limit 1000.0)' actually results in
    wrong-type-argument numberp 1000.0
, not "integerp" error.

I think that it should be "integerp", as described in elisp reference.

Bye,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd13.0, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-05-10 built on freebsd.vmware
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: 13.1-RELEASE

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.eucJP
  locale-coding-system: japanese-iso-8bit-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/tex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220527.2213/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/transient
~/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.1/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.1/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow emacsbug help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs misearch
multi-isearch face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell
pcomplete comint ring server ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section format-spec dash compat-27 compat-26 compat
lao-util mule-util skeleton flow-fill qp mh-search mh-thread supercite
easy-mmode regi mh-identity mh-letter mh-comp sendmail smiley mm-archive
mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias multi-prompt crm mh-show goto-addr
thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
gnus-sum shr svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader
wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar mh-xface mh-utils mh-folder
which-func imenu gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils
text-property-search mh-scan mh-e mh-compat mailabbrev mh-buffers
mh-loaddefs kinsoku cl-extra help-mode parse-time iso8601 time-date
ucs-normalize epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config url-http url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw
nsm rmc puny jka-compr twittering-mode advice xml edmacro kmacro
preview-latex auto-loads tex-site canna-im info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1005275 56079)
 (symbols 48 29891 29)
 (strings 32 181753 11470)
 (string-bytes 1 7753385)
 (vectors 16 96723)
 (vector-slots 8 1980761 144144)
 (floats 8 330 256)
 (intervals 56 26204 2030)
 (buffers 992 31))