Subject: bug#56853: 29.0.50; MacOS installation broken

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 19:51:00 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 15:35:42 +0200
>> 
>> 
>> Don't know if this is helpful.  Alas, I'm not quite on top of what's
>> going on in master.
>
> It builds fine for me, with native-compilation, on GNU/Linux.
>
> Did you succeed in understanding how the offending commit is related
> to the error about file-name-sans-extension?

No, I didn't yet look deeper into this.  I suspect that it has something
to do with one or more of Lars' commits regarding loaddefs.el.  But
that's a wild guess, I don't yet understand what Lars did.

If it works on GNU/Linux that hints at something specific to the macOS
installation procedure, which copies all sorts of files to form an "app
bundle", basically a directory containing everything belonging to an
application.  The easiest explanation would be if the copy misses a file
that isn't copied, or it copies too much.

I'll continue to investigate this tomorrow.

Thanks.