Subject: [bug#56852] [PATCH] gnu: Add exult.

From: "(" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 15:23:13 +0100

I just thought of some more possible improvements:

On Sun Jul 31, 2022 at 11:46 AM BST, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Guix-patches via wrote:
> +                   "--enable-exult-studio"
Couldn't this go in a new `exult:studio` output?

> +                   "--enable-compiler"
I'm not sure what this compiler is, but if it's a separate program I guess it could
use `exult:compiler`.

> +                   "--enable-gimp-plugin"
And this could go in `exult:gimp`.

> +                   (substitute* "gamemgr/modmgr.cc"
> +                     ;; EXULT_DATADIR is in the store where it's rather hard for
> +                     ;; users to put game assets.  Use a more writable home by
> +                     ;; default, which users can override in their ~/.exult.cfg.
> +                     (("<GAMEHOME>")
> +                      (string-append "<HOME>/.local/share/exult"))
> +                     ;; …however, this causes a regression: the mods which we'll
> +                     ;; install to EXULT_DATADIR are no longer found.  So: don't
> +                     ;; look for mods alongside the assets by default.  This too
> +                     ;; can be overridden in users' ~/.exult.cfg.
> +                     (("game_path( \\+ \"/mods\")" _ +suffix)
> +                      (string-append "get_system_path(\"<GAMEHOME>/\") + "
> +                                     "cfgname" +suffix))))))))
Perhaps we could patch in a GUIX_EXULT_PATH env var so we can add a search path for
packaging mods.

    -- (