Subject: bug#5685: 23.1.93; doc string font locking

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:08:57 +0000

If you eval the following macro and view its doc with 'C-h f', you will
notice that ewoc is not recognised as an argument,i.e. it remains in
lower case and EWOC in the doc-string is not italic.

(defmacro* %with-ewoc-node ((var ewoc) &body body)
  "Bind VAR to the EWOC node at point. When VAR is non-nil, execute BODY."
  (declare (indent 1) (debug t))
  `(let ((,var (ewoc-locate ,ewoc)))
     (when ,var ,@body)))

See this screenshot:

In GNU Emacs 23.1.93.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.2.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.25)
 of 2010-02-27 on Victoria.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple Inc.', version 10.6.2
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/unix/emacs' '--with-mac''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
e SPC i n SPC e m a c s SPC e n t i r e l y . C-c C-c 
q C-s l i v e <return> <return> <return> n n n n n 
n n n n n n n n n q C-n <return> <return> n n n n n 
n n n n n n n q C-n <return> <return> n n n n n n n 
n n q C-n <return> <return> n q C-n C-n <return> <return> 
q g C-u C-p C-p <return> <return> q p <return> <return> 
q C-c C-SPC C-c C-SPC w h e n SPC I SPC r u n SPC s 
l i m e - r u n t e s t s <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> - C-e , SPC t h e r e SPC a r e SPC 1 7 SPC 
f a i l u r e s . SPC A r e <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <left> SPC w i h t <backspace> 
<backspace> t h SPC 1 SPC e x p e c t e d <return> 
C-x b g r o C-g C-x b C-g h m m <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> o k , <backspace> . SPC a l t h o u g h 
SPC i t SPC s e e m s SPC m o s t SPC o f SPC t h e 
SPC f a i l u r e s SPC a e SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
r e SPC n o t SPC d i i <backspace> f f i <M-backspace> 
t r i v i a l . <return> C-x b r e a <return> <tab> 
<down> <right> <right> M-x r e p o r <tab> e m a <tab> 
b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Generating summary...done
Retrieving newsgroup: nntp+nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk:comp.lang.lisp...
Opening nntp server on nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk...done
Fetching headers for nntp+nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk:comp.lang.lisp...done
Scoring...done
Generating summary...done
No Gnus is good news
Auto-saving...done
Quit [2 times]
SUBTREE (NO CHILDREN)

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mml-smime starttls mailalias smtpmail sendmail snippet
footnote rcirc w3m-cookie gnus-fun flow-fill sort gnus-cite smiley
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic nnml epa-file epa epg
auth-source gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg nndraft nnmh nnir
bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime dig gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message ecomplete mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash gnus-win bbdb-snarf mail-extr rfc822 bbdb-uk bbdb-print
bbdb-com mailabbrev bbdb gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr org-colview cal-iso hl-line macroexp
cl-specs edebug appt cal-bahai holidays hol-loaddefs cal-china-plus
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-move smerge-mode macros skeleton spook
cookie1 hilit-chg log-view vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher vc-cvs hippie-exp
calccomp calc-comb calc-ext calc-misc calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs flyspell ispell newcomment novice ansi-color em-unix pcomplete
em-term term ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred
em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode esh-util eldoc compile etags debug magit log-edit pcvs-util
add-log parse-time animate slime-indentation slime-asdf slime-banner
slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-xref-browser slime-scratch slime-presentations
slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived apropos hideshow comint hyperspec thingatpt find-func info
whitespace diff-mode help-mode view org-exp org-exp-blocks org-mouse
org-w3m org-protocol org-irc org-inlinetask org-habit org-agenda
org-info org-gnus org-crypt org-bibtex org-bbdb remember org-remember
org-datetree org org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat
org-macs time-date noutline outline mule-util w3m-form w3m-bookmark
w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util kill-ring-browse multi-isearch gnus-dired bookmark
kmacro-ring-list pp ewoc executable vc-git diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile dictem
iso-transl mic-paren paredit printing ps-print ps-def lpr dired-x
dired-aux dired regexp-opt recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu
midnight ffap ido easy-mmode dirtrack type-break saveplace savehist time
server xt-mouse disp-table delsel autorevert mb-depth icomplete winner
ring edmacro kmacro uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload paren
cus-start cus-load cl cl-19 w3m-load tex-site goodies-load emms-auto
slime-autoloads bbdb-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel mac-win tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process mac multi-tty
emacs)