Subject: Re: bug#5684: 23.1.92; russian-typewriter broken

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 14:44:40 +0200

Vasily Korytov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually, the replaced keyboard layout was nor «Russian Typewriter»
> (as referred by Wikipedia, MS Windows, X.org and so on), nor anyway
> standartized.
>
> This was a very weird keyboard (it does not conform to _any_ standard,
> it seems, it was written by some person and based solely on his own
> opinion, what keys he would like in the upper row). Frankly, I'm
> against resurrecting it because of this.

This doesn't seem to be a bug, then, so I'm closing the report.

> I don't mind resurrecting the old «russian-typewriter» keyboard as
> «russian-dos» or «russian-legacy», but some work needs to be done to
> make it conform to the actual DOS standard (numbers in lower case, but
> different upper case symbols on the number keys). Unfortunately,
> currently I don't own such keyboard or have specs for the layout. We
> could make «russian-legacy» keyboard basing on the Xorg ru[legacy]
> layout instead.

If somebody wants such a keyboard layout, a new wishlist item could be
filed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/