Subject: bug#56834: closed (Re: bug#56834: 28.1; notifications-notify only show max of 3 buttons on pop up window on ubuntu20.04)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 17:28:01 +0000

Your bug report

#56834: 28.1; notifications-notify only show max of 3 buttons on pop up window on ubuntu20.04

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56834: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56834
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56834: 28.1; notifications-notify only show max of 3 buttons on pop up window on ubuntu20.04
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: 王宗涛 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 19:27:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

王宗涛 <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

> thank you for you feed back,
> I issued a bug to ubuntu, hope peoblem can be sovled there.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1983183

OK, so I'm closing this Emacs bug.

> Best wishes
> zongtao

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.1; notifications-notify only show max of 3 buttons on pop up window on ubuntu20.04
From: 王宗涛 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 02:47:36 +0800 (CST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
Start with 'emacs -Q', notifications-notify and only show max of three
ations buttons on pop up window. For example eval below code will only
show three button "aa" "bb" "cc" and other two buttons "dd" and "ee" are
missing. It is possible this is compatible issue between emacs and
ubuntu, but I think it will be good emacs can make it more general to
match ubuntu. If it is indeed ubuntu issue, please inform me, and I will
issue it on ubuntu side.

(progn (require 'notifications)
(notifications-notify
:title "only show aa bb cc"
:body "d e are missing"
:timeout 10
:urgency :normal
:actions '("a" "aa" "b" "bb" "c" "cc" "d" "dd" "e" "ee")
:on-action (lambda (id key) (message "id: %s key: %s" id key))))

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2022-06-24 built on lcy02-amd64-106
Repository revision: 82b52fe2e2246a5ce049f1a00a758b85432e7f5e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo --with-native-compilation
'CFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
-O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu'
'LDFLAGS=-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: zh_CN.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_CN.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: zh_CN.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date
notifications dbus xml help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace
find-func site-start comp comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs
cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 98676 8654)
(symbols 48 8435 0)
(strings 32 24435 2597)
(string-bytes 1 842186)
(vectors 16 18909)
(vector-slots 8 360586 13429)
(floats 8 34 50)
(intervals 56 550 0)
(buffers 992 14))

--

*****************************************
Best wishes
zongtao
Email：[email-masked]
*****************************************