Subject: bug#5683: 23.1.93; list-colors-display doesn't show all colors

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 10:52:19 +0200

> Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:33:22 +0100
> From: Markus Prepens <[email-masked]>
> Cc: 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> after installing Emacs 23.1.93, I figured out that the
> list-colors-display doesn't show all colors. The *Colors* buffer looks
> like this:
> 
> White                  White                                 #ffffff
> Yellow                 Yellow                                #ffff00
> Red                    Red                                   #ff0000
> Purple                 Purple                                #7f007f
> Orange                 Orange                                #ff7f00
> Magenta                Magenta                               #ff00ff
> Green                  Green                                 #00ff00
> Cyan                   Cyan                                  #00ffff
> Brown                  Brown                                 #996633
> Blue                   Blue                                  #0000ff
> Black                  windowFrameTextColor                  #000000
> windowFrameColor       windowFrameColor                      #aaaaaa
> textColor              windowBackgroundColor                 #000000
> textBackgroundColor    textBackgroundColor                   #ffffff
> selectedTextColor      shadowColor                           #000000
> selectedTextBackgroundColor selectedTextBackgroundColor      #c7d0db
> selectedMenuItemTextColor selectedMenuItemTextColor          #ffffff
> selectedMenuItemColor  selectedMenuItemColor                 #000000
> selectedKnobColor      selectedKnobColor                     #646698
> selectedControlTextColor selectedControlTextColor            #000000
> selectedControlColor   selectedControlColor                  #c7d0db
> secondarySelectedControlColor secondarySelectedControlColor  #d4d4d4
> scrollBarColor         scrollBarColor                        #aaaaaa
> knobColor              knobColor                             #9899ba
> keyboardFocusIndicatorColor keyboardFocusIndicatorColor      #9babbd
> highlightColor         highlightColor                        #ffffff
> headerTextColor        headerTextColor                       #000000
> headerColor            headerColor                           #aaaaaa
> gridColor              gridColor                             #cccccc
> disabledControlTextColor disabledControlTextColor            #7f7f7f
> controlTextColor       controlTextColor                      #000000
> controlShadowColor     controlShadowColor                    #939393
> controlLightHighlightColor controlLightHighlightColor        #ffffff
> controlHighlightColor  controlHighlightColor                 #e8e8e8
> controlColor           controlDarkShadowColor                #000000
> alternateSelectedControlTextColor controlBackgroundColor     #ffffff
> alternateSelectedControlColor alternateSelectedControlColor  #738499
> 
> 
> Any suggestion?

Can you step with edebug through list-colors-display and tell where
the list of colors get shortened?  It could be that the value returned
by display-color-cells is too small, or that list-colors-duplicates
decides that some colors are duplicates of others, or the list
returned by defined-colors is too short, or ...