Subject: bug#56820: outline-minor-mode replacing the first character with an arrow

From: Yilkal Argaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 06:27:27 +0300

> I've now fixed this in Emacs 29.

Thanks  that fixed the default behaviour but
outline-minor-mode-use-buttons option still has a weird bug because
when you use it with modes like python-mode and ruby-mode it replaces
the first character of the outline-regep which for the aforementioned
modes is strings like "module", "class", "def" etc... so when it
replaces the first character it renders the buffer unreadable. So it
might be better to insert the arrows in front of the first character
instead of replacing the first character.

There is also the issue of the arrows being displayed when
outline-minor-mode is disabled after folding and unfolding.

Sincerely and Gratefully
Yilkal

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 2:22 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Yilkal Argaw <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Today I compiled emacs from source and while using outline-minor-mode
> > it started replacing the first character with an arrow whenever I fold
> > the code.
>
> I've now fixed this in Emacs 29.
>