Subject: [bug#56803] [PATCH 0/6] Add hydrus network and its dependencies

From: Tomasz Jeneralczyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 10:10:38 +0000

On 2022-08-13 21:26, ( wrote:
> No, the assoc-ref style is basically deprecated last I heard. The 
> problem
> is with snippets: apparently something with the definition of the 
> `snippet`
> field can cause module dependency issues, whereas `arguments` does not
> suffer from the same. IIRC, the issue is that the former is not 
> specifie
> as a `(delayed)` field. So, #$pkg is okay in arguments, but sometimes 
> not
> in snippets.

Does this mean I should replace `(assoc-ref inputs "python")` with 
`#$python` in the install phase of hydrus?
I checked and it didn't cause any problems.

I also noticed that python-mpv's mpv library cannot find libmpv.so 
during runtime (only in the check phase) so I hardcoded the path in 
source to `(search-input-file inputs "/lib/libmpv.so")`.
Was told on irc that most libraries are hardcoded so I take it's not a 
problem.