Subject: [bug#56803] [PATCH 0/6] Add hydrus network and its dependencies

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 17:14:13 +0200

Hi,

Tomasz Jeneralczyk <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +        #~(begin
> +            ;; Without an absolute path it is not able find and
> +            ;; load the libmpv library.
> +            (substitute* "mpv.py"
> +              (("(sofile = )(.*)" _ pre post)
> +               (string-append pre "\"" #$mpv "/lib/\" + " post)))

In addition, this substitution should be done in a phase rather than in
a snippet, because (1) the result of ‘guix build -S’ should be
platform-independent and thus not include the file name of ‘mpv’ for a
particular system, and (2) the reference to variable ‘mpv’ at the top
level can cause problems due to circular dependencies among modules.

For clarity, could you resent the whole series with those changes,
squashing the relevant amendments?

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.