Subject: bug#5679: Emacs 23.1.93 pretest

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:19:52 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:05:07 +0300, <[email-masked]> said:

>> I tried installing the PCF fonts extracted from
>> xfonts-terminus-oblique_4.26-2.1_all.deb to ~/.fonts on Mac OS X
>> 10.6.  The result was:
>> 
>> 1. I could reproduce the above problem on Emacs 23.1.92.
>> 2. But I could also reproduce it on Emacs 23.1, unlike OP.

> No, I, the OP, can also reproduce it on Emacs 23.1. Here is what I
> wrote in the original report:

> " Small example screenshots from emacs 22.2.1 (correct rendering)
> and emacs 23.1.93 (wrong rendering) are attached. Please notice how
> ugly "Global Mark Ring" looks when rendered by emacs23.

>   NOTE: emacs 23.1.1 also renders wrong."

I meant this one:

>>>>> On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:22:50 +0300, <[email-masked]> said:

> BTW, emacs 23.1.1 only breaks rendering after I move cursor over the
> text. If I, for examle, select the text (active region so it's
> highlighted), the rendering becomes OK. Emacs 23.1.93 is more
> consistent and always renders bad.

I could not find the difference between the release version and the
pretest one.

Anyway, is `xterm -fa terminus:style=oblique' also broken?  If so, we
can conclude this is not a bug at the Emacs side.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]