Subject: bug#56787: closed (Re: bug#56787: 29.0.50; Cursor is the same width as tab-width when point is on a tab character)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 13:59:09 +0000

Your bug report

#56787: 29.0.50; Cursor is the same width as tab-width when point is on a tab character

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56787: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56787
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56787: 29.0.50; Cursor is the same width as tab-width when point is on a tab character
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Justin Guenther <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 13:58:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Justin Guenther <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> starting a week or 2 ago (approximately around c829e63b0a), when point
>> is on a tab character, the cursor appears to be as wide as `tab-width'.
>>
>>>>>From any `emacs -Q` buffer:
>> * insert a tab character
>> * put point on it
>> * observe that cursor is 8 chars wide
>
> Right, should be fixed now.  Thanks.

No more comments within a week.  I'm assuming that fixed it, and I'm
closing this bug.

If this conclusion is incorrect and this is still an issue, please reply
to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.

Subject: 29.0.50; Cursor is the same width as tab-width when point is on a tab character
From: Justin Guenther <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 16:29:07 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

starting a week or 2 ago (approximately around c829e63b0a), when point
is on a tab character, the cursor appears to be as wide as `tab-width'.

>From any `emacs -Q` buffer:
* insert a tab character
* put point on it
* observe that cursor is 8 chars wide

---

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS
appkit-1894.70 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H1922))
 of 2022-07-25 built on <snip>
Repository revision: 0f9c28f00879e86713350a5bbff1f6f158874273
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --with-modules
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 --with-native-compilation CC=clang 'CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include -O2 -march=native'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11
 -L/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/11/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin19/11
 -L/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/11 -I/usr/local/opt/gcc/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -L/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/lib -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
 -L/usr/local/opt/jansson/lib -ljansson
 -L/usr/local/opt/imagemagick@6/lib -L/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib
 -L/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/11
 -I/usr/local/opt/libgccjit/include'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -I/usr/local/opt/jansson/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/imagemagick@6/include -I/usr/local/opt/icu4c/include '
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/expat/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ncurses/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/zlib/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/pkgconfig/10.15:/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/jansson/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick@6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/pkgconfig:
 CXX=/usr/bin/c++'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_CA.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 50371 6283)
 (symbols 48 5330 0)
 (strings 32 14048 2165)
 (string-bytes 1 467433)
 (vectors 16 11967)
 (vector-slots 8 272614 11044)
 (floats 8 22 24)
 (intervals 56 284 0)
 (buffers 992 10))