Subject: bug#56786: git-minimal fails to build (non-deterministic)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 19:36:45 +0200

On 31-07-2022 18:09, Antti Tarkiainen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that guix pull && guig package -u have resolved the problem. 
> At least I am not having the error anymore. Below is the requested output.

With the log, I meant the build log that Guix makes itself (not 
something you need to capture) when doing a build (at the end of a 
build, it will tell you the log is located in some file at 
/var/log/guix/drvs/...).

In this case, it appears Guix went for a substitute instead of a build 
on your second try, but that doesn't give us information for resolving 
the non-determinism (the problem is not resolved -- you have worked 
around it, but other people could still encounter it later).

Could you send the build log, likely located at 
/var/log/guix/drvs/hq/ryw0zg7hqsdmgrrmgh9qm98y4my8p9-git-minimal-2.37.1.drv.gz? 
If it's too large for the ML, you could send it to me personally.

Greetings,
Maxime.