Subject: [bug#56771] [PATCH 00/33] *** Update Jami to 20220725, core Qt packages along the way

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 17:17:04 -0400

Hello Guix,

This series add the base Qt 6 components required by Jami and updates Jami
itself to its latest stable release (made today!).  All the Qt components
updated have their test suite enabled except for qtwebengine, for which it was
already disabled.

Note that Jami no longer requires qtwebengine, which brings its closure size
down quite a bit!

While this was made to allow updating our Jami package, it opens the door to
migrate other of our Qt packages to Qt 6 as well.

Enjoy,

Maxim Cournoyer (33):
  gnu: qtbase: Patch /bin/pwd in executable scripts.
  gnu: qtbase: Honor CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
  gnu: qtbase: Enable test suite.
  gnu: qtsvg: Rename variable to qtsvg-5.
  gnu: qtsvg-5: Fix indentation.
  gnu: Add qtsvg, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qpwgraph: Migrate to Qt 6 and add libxkbcommon input.
  gnu: Add qtshadertools.
  gnu: qtmultimedia: Rename to qtmultimedia-5.
  gnu: Add qtmultimedia, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtdeclarative: Rename to qtdeclarative-5.
  gnu: Add qtdeclarative, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols: Rename to qtquickcontrols-5.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols2: Rename to qtquickcontrols2-5.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols2: Define as obsoleted by qtdeclarative.
  gnu: qtwebsockets: Rename to qtwebsockets-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebsockets, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtwebchannel: Rename to qtwebchannel-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebchannel, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtwebengine: Rename to qtwebengine-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebengine, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: Add qt5compat.
  gnu: qttools: Rename to qttools-5.
  gnu: Add qttools, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtnetworkauth: Rename to qtnetworkauth-5.
  gnu: Add qtnetworkauth, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: Add qtpositioning.
  build: qt: Add qtbase argument and wrap Qt environment variables
    exactly.
  gnu: jami: Update to 20220725.1128.fd5e6c6.
  gnu: libjami: Enable test agent.
  gnu: Remove jami-libclient.
  gnu: Deprecate jami-gnome for jami.
  gnu: jami: Update to 20220725.1128.fd5e6c6.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    4 -
 gnu/packages/admin.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/animation.scm                    |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/audio.scm                        |   32 +-
 gnu/packages/backup.scm                       |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/benchmark.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm               |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/bittorrent.scm                   |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/connman.scm                      |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/databases.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/display-managers.scm             |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/djvu.scm                         |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/documentation.scm                |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/ebook.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/education.scm                    |   46 +-
 gnu/packages/electronics.scm                  |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/emulators.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/engineering.scm                  |   38 +-
 gnu/packages/fcitx5.scm                       |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/finance.scm                      |   34 +-
 gnu/packages/game-development.scm             |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/games.scm                        |  146 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                          |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/gps.scm                          |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/graphics.scm                     |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/hardware.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/image-processing.scm             |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/image-viewers.scm                |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/image.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/irc.scm                          |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/jami.scm                         |  234 ++--
 gnu/packages/kde-frameworks.scm               |  124 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-internet.scm                 |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-multimedia.scm               |   28 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-pim.scm                      |   54 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-plasma.scm                   |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-systemtools.scm              |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-utils.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/kde.scm                          |   82 +-
 gnu/packages/lego.scm                         |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/linphone.scm                     |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/lxqt.scm                         |   92 +-
 gnu/packages/maths.scm                        |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/messaging.scm                    |   48 +-
 gnu/packages/mpd.scm                          |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm                        |   68 +-
 gnu/packages/networking.scm                   |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/orange.scm                       |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/password-utils.scm               |    8 +-
 .../patches/jami-fix-crash-on-quit.patch      |   34 -
 .../patches/jami-images-loading.patch         |  152 ---
 .../jami-libclient-audio-managers.patch       |   23 -
 gnu/packages/patches/jami-memory-usage.patch  |   70 -
 .../patches/xygrib-fix-finding-data.patch     |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/pdf.scm                          |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/photo.scm                        |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/printers.scm                     |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm                   |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/qt.scm                           | 1206 +++++++++++++++--
 gnu/packages/radio.scm                        |   38 +-
 gnu/packages/robotics.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/scribus.scm                      |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/security-token.scm               |   16 +-
 gnu/packages/sync.scm                         |   16 +-
 gnu/packages/synergy.scm                      |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/telegram.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/telephony.scm                    |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/terminals.scm                    |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                          |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/text-editors.scm                 |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/video.scm                        |   32 +-
 gnu/packages/vpn.scm                          |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm                 |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/web.scm                          |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm                      |    2 +-
 guix/build-system/qt.scm                      |   14 +
 guix/build/qt-utils.scm                       |   44 +-
 guix/lint.scm                                 |    4 +-
 80 files changed, 1796 insertions(+), 1199 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-fix-crash-on-quit.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-images-loading.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-libclient-audio-managers.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-memory-usage.patch

-- 
2.36.1