Subject: bug#56771: closed (Re: bug#56771: [PATCH 00/33] *** Update Jami to 20220725, core Qt packages along the way)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 04:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#56771: [PATCH 00/33] *** Update Jami to 20220725, core Qt packages along the way

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56771: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56771
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56771: [PATCH 00/33] *** Update Jami to 20220725, core Qt packages along the way
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 00:22:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Jack,

Jack Hill <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 26 Jul 2022, Jack Hill wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2022, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Guix,
>>> This series add the base Qt 6 components required by Jami and
>>> updates Jami
>>> itself to its latest stable release (made today!).  All the Qt components
>>> updated have their test suite enabled except for qtwebengine, for
>>> which it was
>>> already disabled.
>>
>> I'm having trouble applying these patches on top of commit
>> dbcd7876566840f31b763e28bb74394f0914b397
>>
>> I've tried both with emacs-debbugs and by downloading the mbox
>> manually from the debbugs web interface. With the mbox, I get:
>
> I ended up getting the patches via `git pull` from Maxim's
> repository. Once doing so, I was able to build and run Jami. I was
> able to make a SIP call and a Jami call and chat (the Jami call and
> chat was on the local network). This was all on x86-64.

OK, thanks for testing.  I've actually found a bug about the UI becoming
hidden on my ratpoison WM and it got fixed upstream quick so I've added
a small patch for it.

> I didn't verify any hashes, have an in-depth look at the patches, or
> try any of the other Qt applications that were adjusted.

OK.  Since I'm confident about the Qt upgrades (I went to great length
getting the test suites to run for example), I've now pushed that series
as 3a656ea836f87f30f1b34852cb4efc911363d2b4.  Thanks for your testing!

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: [PATCH 00/33] *** Update Jami to 20220725, core Qt packages along the way
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 17:17:04 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

This series add the base Qt 6 components required by Jami and updates Jami
itself to its latest stable release (made today!).  All the Qt components
updated have their test suite enabled except for qtwebengine, for which it was
already disabled.

Note that Jami no longer requires qtwebengine, which brings its closure size
down quite a bit!

While this was made to allow updating our Jami package, it opens the door to
migrate other of our Qt packages to Qt 6 as well.

Enjoy,

Maxim Cournoyer (33):
  gnu: qtbase: Patch /bin/pwd in executable scripts.
  gnu: qtbase: Honor CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
  gnu: qtbase: Enable test suite.
  gnu: qtsvg: Rename variable to qtsvg-5.
  gnu: qtsvg-5: Fix indentation.
  gnu: Add qtsvg, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qpwgraph: Migrate to Qt 6 and add libxkbcommon input.
  gnu: Add qtshadertools.
  gnu: qtmultimedia: Rename to qtmultimedia-5.
  gnu: Add qtmultimedia, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtdeclarative: Rename to qtdeclarative-5.
  gnu: Add qtdeclarative, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols: Rename to qtquickcontrols-5.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols2: Rename to qtquickcontrols2-5.
  gnu: qtquickcontrols2: Define as obsoleted by qtdeclarative.
  gnu: qtwebsockets: Rename to qtwebsockets-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebsockets, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtwebchannel: Rename to qtwebchannel-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebchannel, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtwebengine: Rename to qtwebengine-5.
  gnu: Add qtwebengine, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: Add qt5compat.
  gnu: qttools: Rename to qttools-5.
  gnu: Add qttools, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: qtnetworkauth: Rename to qtnetworkauth-5.
  gnu: Add qtnetworkauth, version 6.3.1.
  gnu: Add qtpositioning.
  build: qt: Add qtbase argument and wrap Qt environment variables
    exactly.
  gnu: jami: Update to 20220725.1128.fd5e6c6.
  gnu: libjami: Enable test agent.
  gnu: Remove jami-libclient.
  gnu: Deprecate jami-gnome for jami.
  gnu: jami: Update to 20220725.1128.fd5e6c6.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    4 -
 gnu/packages/admin.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/animation.scm                    |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/audio.scm                        |   32 +-
 gnu/packages/backup.scm                       |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/benchmark.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm               |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/bittorrent.scm                   |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/connman.scm                      |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/databases.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/display-managers.scm             |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/djvu.scm                         |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/documentation.scm                |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/ebook.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/education.scm                    |   46 +-
 gnu/packages/electronics.scm                  |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/emulators.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/engineering.scm                  |   38 +-
 gnu/packages/fcitx5.scm                       |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/finance.scm                      |   34 +-
 gnu/packages/game-development.scm             |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/games.scm                        |  146 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                          |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/gps.scm                          |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/graphics.scm                     |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/hardware.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/image-processing.scm             |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/image-viewers.scm                |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/image.scm                        |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/irc.scm                          |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/jami.scm                         |  234 ++--
 gnu/packages/kde-frameworks.scm               |  124 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-internet.scm                 |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-multimedia.scm               |   28 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-pim.scm                      |   54 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-plasma.scm                   |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-systemtools.scm              |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/kde-utils.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/kde.scm                          |   82 +-
 gnu/packages/lego.scm                         |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/linphone.scm                     |   10 +-
 gnu/packages/lxqt.scm                         |   92 +-
 gnu/packages/maths.scm                        |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/messaging.scm                    |   48 +-
 gnu/packages/mpd.scm                          |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm                        |   68 +-
 gnu/packages/networking.scm                   |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/orange.scm                       |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/password-utils.scm               |    8 +-
 .../patches/jami-fix-crash-on-quit.patch      |   34 -
 .../patches/jami-images-loading.patch         |  152 ---
 .../jami-libclient-audio-managers.patch       |   23 -
 gnu/packages/patches/jami-memory-usage.patch  |   70 -
 .../patches/xygrib-fix-finding-data.patch     |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/pdf.scm                          |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/photo.scm                        |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/printers.scm                     |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm                   |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/qt.scm                           | 1206 +++++++++++++++--
 gnu/packages/radio.scm                        |   38 +-
 gnu/packages/robotics.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/scribus.scm                      |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/security-token.scm               |   16 +-
 gnu/packages/sync.scm                         |   16 +-
 gnu/packages/synergy.scm                      |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/telegram.scm                     |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/telephony.scm                    |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/terminals.scm                    |    6 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm                          |    2 +-
 gnu/packages/text-editors.scm                 |   20 +-
 gnu/packages/video.scm                        |   32 +-
 gnu/packages/vpn.scm                          |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm                 |   12 +-
 gnu/packages/web.scm                          |    8 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm                      |    2 +-
 guix/build-system/qt.scm                      |   14 +
 guix/build/qt-utils.scm                       |   44 +-
 guix/lint.scm                                 |    4 +-
 80 files changed, 1796 insertions(+), 1199 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-fix-crash-on-quit.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-images-loading.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-libclient-audio-managers.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/jami-memory-usage.patch

-- 
2.36.1