Subject: bug#5674: 23.1; calculator moves point

From: Sebastian Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:20:01 +0100

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

In the current development head only:

`M-x calculator' moves point to some arbitrary point in the buffer. You
may test this in *scratch* buffer after startup (point will be moved to
the end of the buffer in this case).

This simple patch fixes it:

--- lisp/calculator.el	2010-01-21 13:34:34.000000000 +0100
+++ /home/sebastian/Desktop/calculator.el	2010-03-01 20:50:12.000000000 +0100
@@ -724,7 +724,7 @@
     (progn
       (cond
         ((not (get-buffer-window calculator-buffer))
-         (let ((split-window-keep-point nil)
+         (let ((split-window-keep-point t)
                (window-min-height 2))
            ;; maybe leave two lines for our window because of the normal
            ;; `raised' modeline in Emacs 21

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sebastian  Rose      Fachinformatiker / Anwendungsentwicklung
Viktoriastr. 22      Entwicklung von Anwendungen mit freien Werkzeugen
30451  Hannover      und Bibliotheken.

0173  83 93 417      [email-masked]         [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~