Subject: bug#56727: closed (Re: bug#56727: Grammar of natively compiled)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 19:22:03 +0000

Your bug report

#56727: Grammar of natively compiled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
56727: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56727
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#56727: Grammar of natively compiled
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Tor Kringeland <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 11:21:14 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Tor Kringeland <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is "natively compiled", not "natively-compiled".  Also it is
> "native-compiled," not "native compiled."  Maybe we should stick to one
> of the forms exclusively?  (Currently all four compounds are used,
> though mostly the two wrong ones.)

So we should use "native-compiled" if it is an adjective, and "natively
compiled" if it is an adverb.  I tried fixing this up on master in
commit 678fdcc1659.  Please check.

I think we're in a better shape now, so I'm closing this bug.

Subject: Grammar of natively compiled
From: Tor Kringeland <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 16:38:55 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It is "natively compiled", not "natively-compiled".  Also it is
"native-compiled," not "native compiled."  Maybe we should stick to one
of the forms exclusively?  (Currently all four compounds are used,
though mostly the two wrong ones.)